Hair Care starts with a Champi
For most South Asian women, hair oiling as a practice is not only a beauty regime but has many emotions attached to it. It refers to Sunday evening champi sessions with mothers and grannies where they would bring a small katori of warm nutritious hair oil with a smile on their face. In most households, hair oiling has been a regular affair and has been considered as the best way to strengthen and add good texture to hair.
Hair oils have various vitamins and minerals which are essential for the health of the scalp. They add volume, lustre and shine to the hair and also nourish the scalp. Our hair scalp comes in contact with a lot of dust, dirt and heat as we carry out our day to day activities. In fact, even when we wash our hair with shampoos which are often full of chemicals, our hair suffers. Massaging our scalp with certain oils not only replenishes the hair but also calms our senses and relaxes our stressed muscles and nerves.
Today we will be sharing 5 hair oils that are easily available and are perfect to achieve a lustrous mane. (https://www.femica.in/)
- Coconut Oil — Coconut oil is one of the most widely used hair oils as it helps to tame frizz and improves hair’s lustre. It is known for reducing the loss of protein and makes the hair look healthy and nourished. Applying coconut oil twice a week can strengthen the hair roots and improve the overall health of the scalp.
- Almond Oil — As we all know, almond oil is rich in vitamin E, protein and omega fatty acids. These nutrients stimulate hair growth and strengthen fine hair. It helps the hair to become soft in texture and is also known for treating dry scalp conditions. The sweet smell of almond oil is perfect for a relaxing massage as well.
- Onion Oil — Onion oil is famous for effectively treating hair loss and baldness. Onion oil has a high level of sulphur that prevents split ends and breakage. It boosts blood circulation in the scalp and maintains the pH level of the scalp. People who suffer from hair thinning and hair loss should add onion oil to their hair care routine.
- Castor Oil — Castor Oil is added to many hair care products as it consists of antifungal properties and helps prevent infection on the hair scalp. It minimizes dandruff and prevents greying of hair. Castor oil is known for being a natural conditioner and it reduces hair breakage. Castor oil has a strong smell, which could be repulsive thus, it is recommended to blend it with any essential oil as per choice to apply on your hair.
- Fenugreek Oil — Fenugreek Oil has various antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin K and vitamin C that protects hair from environmental damage like air and water pollution. It is rich in lecithin, which is known for hydrating the hair thereby adding bounce to the hair.
Hair is one of the most important elements of one’s beauty. While we indulge in various chemical treatments like rebounding, colouring, blow-drying etc. to improve the physical look of our hair, it is equally important that we look after the scalp health of our hair. Oiling our hair from time to time can ease out the after-effects of chemicals and can give our hair an everlasting shine.